1/2 cup Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms (10 to 12 mushrooms)
2 tablespoons butter
8 slices bacon, cooked
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Use an electric mixer to combine the Dijon mustard, honey, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Whip the mixture for about 30 seconds.
2. Pour about two-thirds of the marinade over the chicken breasts and marinate them, covered, in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Chill the remaining marinade until later.
3. After the chicken has marinated, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. and heat up an ovenproof frying pan large enough to hold all four breasts and 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. (If you don’t have an ovenproof skillet, transfer the chicken to a baking dish for baking after searing.) Sear the chicken in the pan for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove the pan from the heat, but keep the chicken in the pan.
4. In a small frying pan, sauté the sliced mushrooms in the butter.
5. Brush each seared chicken breast with a little of the reserved honey mustard marinade (not the portion that the chicken soaked in), being sure to save a little extra that you can serve on the side later with the dish.
6. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika.
7. Stack two pieces of cooked bacon, crosswise, on each chicken breast.
8. Spoon the sautéed mushrooms onto the bacon, being sure to coat each breast evenly.
9. Spread 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese into each breast followed by 1/4 cup of Cheddar.
10. Bake the pan of prepared chicken breasts for 7 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted and starting to bubble. I’ve also placed the chicken on the BBQ for days when I just don’t want to turn on the oven.
11. Sprinkle each chicken breast with 1/2 teaspoon parsley before serving. Put extra honey mustard marinade into a small bowl to serve on the side.