- 2 cups white sugar
- 12 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup heavy cream room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt or fleur de sel
- Lay out all your ingredients
- Put the sugar in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts. This takes more than 5 minutes.
- Once the sugar has all melted start adding the butter one piece at a time. Whisk until the butter is all melted.
- Wait about 3 seconds and then add the cream slowly. Whisk as you add until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Add the salt and whisk again a couple times just to incorporate.
- Let cool in the pan for a bit and then pour, carefully, into a mason jar to store. It should keep for about 2 weeks in the fridge but good luck with that.
- Use caramel on your favorite desserts, coffee drinks, or enjoy a spoonful just for fun!
Recipe by Foods of Our Lives at http://foodsofourlives.com/2012/11/irishcreamcaramelcheesecake/
Share this Recipe
Leave a reply