Swai fish is not the easiest fish to find. The first time I tried it was at The Heights in Upland but they only get it in once per year. I ran into this fish in the frozen section at Trader Joe’s last week. One bag of 3 really good sized Swai was $4.99. I bought it and figured if I didn’t like it then I wouldn’t purchase it again. I thawed two pieces and used this recipe. It was outstanding...
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard (optional)
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice, basically one lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil or ½ cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup liquid bacon fat
- 1 teaspoon of salt (optional)
* Once the mayo is made, you can add additional spices to spruce it up...
My husband and I did yard work all weekend long. I stared over the wall a couple times at the neighbor’s lemon tree trying to think of what I could make with those. Last night when I finished work and James was at Taco Tuesday with the boys, a large light bulb went off...