Category Mexican Food
Growing up I would visit my best friend in the whole wide world at her house in La Verne. Around the holidays I remember her family working endless hours in the kitchen making tamales. I have never attempted to make them myself so Jen and I asked her Aunt Cathy and her mom if they would show us some of their tricks. Here are some helpful hints to making perfect tamales.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 t...
My brother grew up in California with me. He now lives in Ohio and recently mentioned that he can’t find good carne asada out there. I decided to experiment with some carne asada recipes and found this one by Tyler Florence. You can find all the ingredients at any grocery store.
Carne Asada Marinade:
- 2 pounds flank or skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 recipe Mojo, recipe follows
- Olive oil, for coat...
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 Serrano chile, minced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
I got this recipe from the 30 night’s of Paleo Crock Pot Meals website. First recipe I made off this sight and it was a huge hit. The leftovers taste even better!
2-3 lbs. pork butter or shoulder (I used 2.71 pounds of Pork shoulder blade, Boston Roast
1/4 cup diced yellow onions
1/4 cup diced chilies or 4 oz. can