- 4 large, firm, ripe organic tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 bunch fresh organic basil leaves, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- Grated zest ...
My brother grew up in California with me. He now lives in Ohio and recently mentioned that he can’t find good carne asada out there. I decided to experiment with some carne asada recipes and found this one by Tyler Florence. You can find all the ingredients at any grocery store.
Carne Asada Marinade:
- 2 pounds flank or skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 recipe Mojo, recipe follows
- Olive oil, for coat...
Everyday Food, October 2007
Bringing a little Hawaii back to the mainland.
– Rice (White or Brown)
– 1 can of SPAM or SPAM Light
– 2-4 eggs
– Soy Sauce or Teriyaki Sauce (Kona Coast Polynesian Orange Teriyaki)
– Salt & Pepper to taste
– Cook rice on the stove, microwave or rice cooker. For rice cooker, add 2 cups of rice and 3 cups of water, a dash of salt and a dash of olive oil...Read More
2 eggs, beaten
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup crushed garlic croutons
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 large tomatoes
3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
2-3 garlic cloves, minced (approx. 1 tablespoon)
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1 pound Butternut Squash, cubed
2 Tbsp. butter (more if you desire)
2 Tbsp. milk (more if you desire)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Boil 4 cups of water and add cubed squash
When the squash is cooked through, drain the water
Use a potato masher and mash the squash until whipped looking
Add butter, milk, and salt/pepper
Super easy and healthy! Perfect in the fall.
The chicken was seasoned ...Read More
We had the best Chicken Piccata at Grazie’s Italian Restaurant in Upland, CA. I decided to come home and attempt it for my Husband. He liked it but he didn’t love it as much as Grazie’s. I’m on a mission to find the best Chicken Piccata recipe possible. My first attempt is this Giada De Laurentiis recipe...