cream cheese pie dough:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, cold and cut into small cubes
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1-2 teaspoons ice cold water
2 cups blueberries
1/4 cup superfine sugar (granulated is fine)
1 tablespoon tapioca starch or instant tapioca
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon white sanding sugar
2. For dough: Place flour, salt, baking powder, butter, and cream cheese in a large bowl and work it with your hands. You can use a food processor and pulse until fully combined if you prefer. While kneading with your hands or pulsing with food processor, add water and vinegar and continue to pulse until dough forms. Dump dough onto a clean surface and form into a disc. Tightly cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Lightly flour a clean surface and roll dough out into a 12”x12” square, about 1/8-1/4 inch thick. You can make smaller squares if you want to make mini blueberry slab pies.
4. Transfer dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. For filling: Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss together.
6. To assemble: Fill one side of dough with filling, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edge. Lightly egg wash perimeter and fold the unfilled side over. Firmly press edges together with a fork and *score the top of the pie to allow steam to escape while baking. Brush top with egg wash and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Allow pie to cool for 20-30 minutes before cutting and serving.