Tommy’s Green Cup
Protein, Fruits, and Veggie Smoohie
I have become obsessed with the Nutri Bullet. It’s so easy to toss just about anything into it, blend, and indulge. Always refreshing and I haven’t disliked anything I’ve invented in it yet. Everyone asks how much of each I put in and with these you can really eyeball it. I’ve tried to give accurate measurements though for the rookie Nutri Bullet owners out there. All these recipes should allow you to use a typical blender as well. If you are a fan of Jamba Juice or margaritas, then you will enjoy all of these recipes below. Feel free to add your own flare. Make it fun.
Tommy’s Green Cup Ingredients:
- 1 handful of spinach (about 1 cup)
- 1 frozen banana, minus peel of course
- ½ cup chopped and skinned cucumber
- ¼ cup chunks of pineapple from can or fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup coconut water or water
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon agave sweetener or honey
- 6-8 mint leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon shredded toasted coconut unsweetened
Yields about 10 oz.
Toss everything above into the Nutri Bullet or blender and blend until everything is smooth. One minute or less. Add 2-3 ice cubes if you want it VERY cold.
This recipe was inspired by my neighbors Evan and April who has a son named Tommy. I love making him these drinks. He tells him mom he wants “Green Cup” when I’m not around. So adorable!
The Everything Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 celery stick, cut in half
- 1 carrot stick, peeled and cut in half
- 1 mini cucumber, chopped and skinned
- 1/3 cup of wheat grass
- 1 teaspoon of almond butter
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1 tablespoon of avocado
- 1 tablespoon of Pepitas or any peanuts you wish
- 1 tsp. agave nectar sweetener
- 1 Splenda (optional) for additional sweetness
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite protein powder (optional)
- 1 cup coconut water, water, or milk
- 3 ice cubes
Toss everything above into the Nutri Bullet or blender and blend until everything is smooth. One minute or less. Serve with a straw.
Cadillac Strawberry Margarita Ingredients:
- ½ cup frozen berries
- 1 shot (1.5 oz.) of Tequila (Reposado preferred)
- 1 shot (1 oz.) of Cointreau liqueur
- 1 shot (1 oz.) of Grand Marnier liqueur
- 1 cup of Margarita mix Jose Cuervo light or lime juice
- Kosher salt or Sugar
- Lime for rim
Sprinkle salt or sugar on a plate. Rim the glass with juice from the lime by rubbing the rim until wet. Dip the rim of the glass into the salt or sugar and then Toss all ingredients into the Nutri Bullet or blender and blend until everything is smooth. One minute or less. Pour margarita into the cup and with a straw.
If you don’t want to blend it and you want to use The Perfect Purée of Napa Valley’s fresh fruit purée: