- 4 large, firm, ripe organic tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 bunch fresh organic basil leaves, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- Grated zest ...
Monthly Archives January 2013
My brother grew up in California with me. He now lives in Ohio and recently mentioned that he can’t find good carne asada out there. I decided to experiment with some carne asada recipes and found this one by Tyler Florence. You can find all the ingredients at any grocery store.
Carne Asada Marinade:
- 2 pounds flank or skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 recipe Mojo, recipe follows
- Olive oil, for coat...
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 Serrano chile, minced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 Cup of sugar
3/4 Cup of vinegar
3 tablespoons of sesame oil
1 teaspoons of Coleman’s dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
Package of purple cabbage (precut)
One of my husband’s favorite things about vacationing is ordering eggs Benedict from room service. I finally attempted it on my own and it was successful. The Tabasco in the hollandaise sauce makes this a fun and unique way to prepare it.
2 egg yolks (from regular, large eggs) for Hollandaise Sauce + 4 eggs to poach
1-1/2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt