Monthly Archives January 2013
- 4 large, firm, ripe organic tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 bunch fresh organic basil leaves, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- Grated zest ...
My brother grew up in California with me. He now lives in Ohio and recently mentioned that he can’t find good carne asada out there. I decided to experiment with some carne asada recipes and found this one by Tyler Florence. You can find all the ingredients at any grocery store.
Carne Asada Marinade:
- 2 pounds flank or skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 recipe Mojo, recipe follows
- Olive oil, for coat...
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 Serrano chile, minced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 Cup of sugar
3/4 Cup of vinegar
3 tablespoons of sesame oil
1 teaspoons of Coleman’s dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
Package of purple cabbage (precut)
One of my husband’s favorite things about vacationing is ordering eggs Benedict from room service. I finally attempted it on my own and it was successful. The Tabasco in the hollandaise sauce makes this a fun and unique way to prepare it.
2 egg yolks (from regular, large eggs) for Hollandaise Sauce + 4 eggs to poach
1-1/2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt