Here’s an easy, savory-tart rub that’s great as a seasoning for Grilled Meatball, Halloumi, and Baby Squash Skewers or to use with grilled chicken breasts, lamb chops, steak, or veggies (just brush them first with oil, then coat with the rub). I also add it to my turkey burgers, turkey stir-fry, and many other things! Use your imagination.
· 1 pound of Ground Lamb
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme leaves
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
· 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
· 1 tablespoon ground sumac*
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. You can also throw everything in a food processor to give it some extra chops!
3. *Find sumac, an edible, tart dried berry, in the spice aisle or at worldspice.com or Super King Markets in Claremont, CA.
By Julia Lee, Sunset Magazine