Makes approx 36 cookies or 12 deep dish cookies
· 1/2 cup shortening
· 1/2 cup butter
· 2 eggs
· 2 tsp vanilla
· 1 1/2 cups sugar
· 2 3/4 cups flour
· 2 tsp cream of tartar
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 1/2 tsp salt
Coating the Cookies
· 2 tsp. Cinnamon and 3 Tbsp. sugar
· 1 Bag of Hersheys Bliss, Nestle Toll House, or Ghirardelli White Chocolate Morsels
1. Beat the shortening, butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugar together. Set aside.
2. Mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Then mix with the
3. creamed sugar mixture until incorporated.
4. Chill dough for at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
5. Preheat oven to 350°
6. Mix 2 Tbsp. of sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon in a small bowl
7. Scoop a rounded teaspoon sized ball of dough and form it around 1 white chocolate piece. Roll the dough in the cinnamon sugar mix. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheet 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges slightly golden.
9. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet 3 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling.
If you make this recipe into deep dish cookies, use a heaping 1/4 cup of cookie dough and stuff it with 2 chocolates, increase baking time to 12-14 minutes until edges start to golden. Remember to spray your muffin top pan with cooking spray for easy release.