What’s your favorite tortilla chip? Store bought or homemade?
I did a tortilla chip taste test with my Husband. He’s always thought Casa del Rey in San Dimas, CA has the best tortilla chips. They also have very good salsa. We get their chips and salsa for nearly every party we have.
I recently started shopping at Super King in Claremont and they make their own chips.
Of course, he liked the Casa del Rey chips the best. I don’t like to fry food at home. On occasion I will make tortilla chips from scratch.
9 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
4 cups corn or vegetable oil
1. In a large, heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 360 degrees F.
2. In batches, add the tortillas to the oil, being careful not to overcrowd, and cook until golden brown, turning once, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Remove and drain on paper towels.
4. Season lightly with salt.
5. Serve warm or use to make nachos.
Yield: 3 dozen chips
Super King Market
436 Auto Center Drive Claremont, CA 91711
Casa del Rey
345 West Bonita Avenue San Dimas, CA 91773