· 15 ounces penne pasta or farfalle pasta noodles
· Cheese Sauce below (recipe follows)
· 2 ounces (1/2 cup) cheddar cheese, grated
· 2 ounces (1/2 cup) Jack cheese or gruyere cheese), grated
· ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder or ancho chili powder
Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
Cook the penne 2 minutes less than package directions. (It will finish cooking in the oven.)
Rinse the pasta in cold water and set aside.
Make the Cheese Sauce:
· ¼ cup unsalted butter (½ stick)
· 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
· 3 cups milk
· 14 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (about 3 1/2 cups)
· 2 ounces Jack cheese or gruyere cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
· ½ teaspoon kosher salt
· ¼ to ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder or ancho chili powder
· 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine the cooked pasta and Flagship sauce in a medium bowl and mix carefully but thoroughly.
Scrape the pasta into an 9×13-inch baking dish. I sprayed PAM in casserole pan before adding the pasta.
Sprinkle the top with the cheese and then the chili powder.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Let the mac and cheese sit for 5 minutes before serving.