My dear friend Ashli shared this with me. So very thankful!
1 x 4 lb. pork butt / pork shoulder – Estimated cost for 4 pounds is $10.00
1 jar of Chili Verde from Archer Farms (Target) or a Jar of 505 Southwestern Green Chile Salsa from supermarket 16oz. Some Targets don’t carry the Chili Verde any longer, so you may have to use their Roasted Salsa Verde by Archer Farms. Not as spicy but it is still good
1 tbsp. chopped Garlic
1 Lime zest and juice
1/4 chopped white onion
1 tsp. Chili powder
Olive Oil & Salt/Pepper
1 large Crock pot
– Rub olive oil around the entire pork butt.
– Rub salt & pepper around entire pork butt.
– Sear all sides until browned in one flat pan.
– Place seared pork butt into crock pot.
– Add in all ingredients and place the lid on top.
– Cook on low for 10-12 hours. Halfway through, flip the pork completely over, about 6 hours into it.
– Cut off twine and fork pieces apart into the sauce.
– Serve with corn tortillas, beans, rice, and your favorite garnishes.
This meat just fell apart. One of the best porks I’ve ever made. Thank you Ashli for the recipe. This was a huge hit at our Holiday Taco Feast!
The Butcher Shop
2359 Foothill Blvd, La Verne, CA 91750
Spanish Rice Recipe: