***I found this recipe in my Grandma White’s old recipe box. I’m going to start making some of her favorite recipes. She was so amazing! I miss you every day.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 Quarts popped corn (We used one bag of ACT II Light Butter, 2.9oz)
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts or Dry Roasted
- Mix first 5 ingredients in 2-Quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture boils.
- Boil gently until mixture reaches 290 degree F. on candy thermometer, or hard-crack stage in cold water.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and baking soda and mix well.
- You can pour the popcorn and nuts directly in the pan or pour the caramel over peanuts and popcorn in a very large bowl. Form into little balls for individual consumption or store in a tightly covered jar/container to retain crispness.
- Makes about 6 cups. VERY FUN for kids!