Ingredients for Canned Chicken Waldorf Salad:
– 3 celery sticks diced
– 25 red seedless grapes
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
– 3 tablespoons of light mayo
– 1 Fuji apple cubed
– 2 cans of Kirkland premium chunk chicken breast drained and seperated with a fork. Purchase from Costco or find any chunk chicken breast at your nearby grocery store.
Combine all ingredients in a large tupperware. Add to lettuce for a delicious salad or to your favorite bread for a waldorf chicken salad sandwich.
This will make 6 salads or 6 sandwiches depending on your portion sizes.
All Ingredients together = 921 calories and 49g of carbs. Divide it into 6 portions and each portion without bread estimates around 153.5 calories and 8g carbs. Great for Zone!
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken from the supermarket or Costco, shredded. It will be about 3/4 pound. Albertson’s sells rotisserie chicken in a shredded form over near the lettuce or just buy the whole chicken. I used their Lemon Pepper Chicken. All of them are good! Instead of rotisserie, you can also grill your own chicken breast using 2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 1 large breast)
- 1 medium or large apple, unpeeled, chopped-I used Fuji apple
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved or quartered
- 1-3 stalks celery, finely chopped (I use a lot)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or regular raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup yogurt OR blue cheese dressing (preferably Greek non-fat yogurt)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 orange (about 2 tablespoons)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
Waldorf salad is typically a holiday salad but I can eat it any time of the year!