4 chicken breasts thawed (Costco)
4 tsp butter
2 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 cup chopped green chives
1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves (optional)
4 slices of your favorite cheese (we used jalapeno cheddar on 2 breasts and 5 cheese mexican blend on the other 2 breasts)
8 thin slices of imported prosciutto (1/4 pound from Claro’s Italian Deli in Upland)
Ground pepper and kosher salt
Kitchen Twine (Albertson’s)
– Heat your BBQ Grill to 350.
– Between each chicken breast and filet cut a horizontal pocket.
– Mix butter and chopped garlic together and spread 1 tsp inside the pocket.
– lay 1 slice of prosciutto on one side of chicken, followed by 1-2 slices of cheese, sprinkle the chives and tarragon leaves, and then add another slice of prosciuto to each chicken breast.
– Fold the chicken together so all the goodness is in the center of each chicken breast.
– Tie each breast with two 12-inch pieces of kitchen twine, one on each end to hold everything in the center.
– Rub olive oil, salt and pepper on each side of chicken breast.
– Spray non-stick cooking spray on clean grill. Lay chicken on grill for 10 minutes on each side and then an additional 5 minutes on each side if you like yours a little more done.
– After they are fully cooked, cut the twine off each chicken breast and carve into slices or as a whole.
*Serve with your favorite vegetable and some warm toasted sourdough bread.